Waste Connections, Inc Customer Service Supervisor in Eugene, Oregon
Customer Service Supervisor
Requisition Primary Location
Who Are We?
WASTE CONNECTIONS, Inc. (NYSE: WCN) is not only the best waste services company in North America, it is also an amazing place to realize your potential, make decisions, have your voice heard, and partner with extremely hard working and passionate people! We seek servant leaders, mentors, top performers, and fun people. At Waste Connections, we value each individual’s unique background, experience, and passion to make us a great place to work.
Why you need to join us!
• CULTURE: It’s a Great place to work! We work in an environment where empowered, self-directed all-stars know what they do is important.
• INTEGRITY: Our definition is “saying what you will do and then doing it!” We keep our promises to our customers and our employees.
• RESPECT: We show respect for our customers and fellow employees. Respect for ourselves grows through all the hard work and great service we provide to the communities we are privileged to serve.
We have an immediate position open for a Customer Service Supervisor in Eugene, OR. This position is designed to provide the successful candidate with the proper experience and direction to allow advancement into more senior management positions.
APPLY ONLINE AT WASTECONNECTIONS.COM
Specific Responsibilities for this position include:
• Supervise personnel, which typically includes recommendations for hiring, firing, performance evaluation, training, work allocation, and problem resolution.
• Manage daily administrative operations including establishing work priorities; assist in resolving problems related to the day-to-day operations of the unit.
• Review, reconcile, and evaluate monthly ledgers, budgets, and financial reporting system reports, assist with fiscal planning, development, and management of annual budgets.
• Plan, develop, and coordinate the execution of program policy, procedures, and operations; monitor compliance with district policies, procedures, regulations, and appropriate laws.
• Oversee, coordinate, maintain, and/or process payroll time sheets, sick and annual leave documents, travel reimbursements, purchasing documents, and/or employment documents.
• Provide and/or oversee the provision of administrative assistance and support to the district manager, to include problem solving, project planning and management, fiscal management, and day-to-day office coordination.
• Assist with the development and implementation of reporting procedures; oversee maintenance of department records and/or inventories
• Coordinate department programs, seminars, workshops, travel arrangements, special projects, and/or events; may coordinate program/project development and planning.
Ideal candidate will possess:
• Bachelor's Degree preferred.
• 3 years directly related management expertise in administration.
• Knowledge of MS Word and Excel.
• Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
• Knowledge of accounting procedures.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and written.
• Knowledge of management principles and practices.
• Knowledge of ordering and inventory control.
• Ability to analyze and solve problems.
• Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
• Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
Successful candidates are those who seek to thrive in an environment of operational excellence and accountability. We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans)
Who We Are
Waste Connections is an integrated solid waste services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal and recycling services in mostly exclusive and secondary markets. Our goal is to create an environment where self-directed, empowered employees strive to consistently fulfill our constituent commitments and seek to create positive impacts through interactions with customers, communities, and fellow employees.
OUR PEOPLE MEAN EVERYTHING TO US
Waste Connections is always working to protect the health of the communities we serve, and we are grateful for the hard work and dedication that you bring to your job every day. Working here means you are a safety-minded individual who is making important contributions on a daily basis that will make a positive impact on those around you. We appreciate that you are a person of integrity who takes pride in the work you do.
BUILD TALENT FROM WITHIN
People who want to gain valuable professional experience will find that Waste Connections is a fantastic place to work. You’ll enjoy the opportunity for beneficial training and professional development opportunities that can help enhance your skills and lead the way to a more promising future.
LET’S REALIZE YOUR GOALS TOGETHER
Bring your passion to succeed and you’ll quickly discover that great opportunities are all around you. At Waste Connections, you’ll thrive if you are friendly, dedicated, and prefer a work hard/play hard culture that is focused on maintaining our reputation as the premier waste services company in the markets we serve.