Waste Connections, Inc CAN-Sales Representative in Concord, Ontario
Requisition Primary Location
Waste Connections of Canada the leader in non-hazardous solid waste management in North America is looking for an Sales Representative to support our sales team in Toronto. We are looking for an innovative, creative and proactive leader capable of creating and driving sales.
Reporting to the Sales Manager, this position generates revenue growth by utilising a consultative selling approach to gain new business and to retain current customers. The Outside Sales Representative (OSR) is responsible for achieving budgeted sales goals by developing and implementing sound prospecting and retention strategies.
• Develop lists of prospective accounts and key contacts, typically for front-end load.
• Cold call companies in proximity of clients to build business. Operations may identify specific areas or routes to focus efforts.
• Demonstrate excellent presentation and communication skills.
• Enter intelligence gathered into Salesforce system to understand client, contacts, estimate needs and when current contract with a hauler expires.
• Look for opportunities for ongoing temporary roll-offs. (Construction and home building)
• Meets or exceeds sales activity goals for new sales and retention.
• Communicate and work with the Sales Manager to resolve unique customer issues and concerns.
• Bachelor’s degree in business administration or equivalent experience.
• 2 year’ sales experience with a proven record of success.
• Good Communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Works well with employees, the general public and city officials.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office (word, excel, etc.)
• Knowledge of Salesforce or comparable CRM tool is a plus.
What’s In It for You?
You will be joining a team environment and colleagues who embrace a “work hard, play harder” culture. Our compensation package is competitive, and comes with excellent benefits. You’ll also be associating yourself with a company that likes to lead by example, through a strong presence in our local communities, charitable giving, sustainability initiatives and more.
Waste Connections of Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates who require accommodations throughout the recruitment process should contact the Recruiting Department at 905 532 7561
Who We Are
Waste Connections is an integrated solid waste services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal and recycling services in mostly exclusive and secondary markets. Our goal is to create an environment where self-directed, empowered employees strive to consistently fulfill our constituent commitments and seek to create positive impacts through interactions with customers, communities, and fellow employees.
OUR PEOPLE MEAN EVERYTHING TO US
Waste Connections is always working to protect the health of the communities we serve, and we are grateful for the hard work and dedication that you bring to your job every day. Working here means you are a safety-minded individual who is making important contributions on a daily basis that will make a positive impact on those around you. We appreciate that you are a person of integrity who takes pride in the work you do.
BUILD TALENT FROM WITHIN
People who want to gain valuable professional experience will find that Waste Connections is a fantastic place to work. You’ll enjoy the opportunity for beneficial training and professional development opportunities that can help enhance your skills and lead the way to a more promising future.
LET’S REALIZE YOUR GOALS TOGETHER
Bring your passion to succeed and you’ll quickly discover that great opportunities are all around you. At Waste Connections, you’ll thrive if you are friendly, dedicated, and prefer a work hard/play hard culture that is focused on maintaining our reputation as the premier waste services company in the markets we serve.